At around 10am Chester fire fighters responded to a reported structure fire at the Taylor Ice Cream Shop. Upon arrival fire fighters found heavy fire showing from an apartment on the second floor above the ice cream shop. A second alarm was transmitted bringing mutual aid to the scene from Mendham, Schooleys Mountain, Budd Lake, Flanders and a RIC team from Netcong. The tanker task force was also called to the scene. The building is a large 2 story wood frame that is about 100 years old. The first floor houses stores and the second floor is apartments. Several lines operated and extinguished the fire and kept it from spreading through out the building. The occupants of the fire apartment escaped without serious injuries but were transported to the hospital with smoke inhalation. The cause of the fire was determined to be a candle. No other injuries were reported at the scene.